Search This Blog

Sunday, 25 February 2018

Sharp Reading - Using "I think that means"


When using the “I think that means” strategy, what do you have to do? Give two answers.
When using the I think that means strategy you must convince your audience you know what the sentence means.

Also when using I think that means strategy you must put some of the words in your own words using detail.

Write an “ITTM” for the following sentences:

It was a bright summer's morning and Lou had just finished milking the cow.
I think that means….that Lou had just finished getting milk for her family from an animal that lived on her farm.



Lou stood in the middle of the room with a huge smile on her face.
I think that means….that the girl danced in the middle of the lounge with her mouth going from ear to ear.

1 comment:

  1. Holly, you are making good progress with the strategy “ITTM”. Your next step is to make sure you put the whole text into your own words, rather than ‘parroting’ back some of the words from the text.

    ReplyDelete